eHouse4Ethernet Intelligent Building System Demo / Evaluation – Comfort
eHouse Smart Home version of Ethernet.
We begin a series of articles showing the self-design and installation of home automation “Ethernet eHouse” for the average home 150-200m2 with attic.
eHouse4Ethernet Smart Home like “eHouse RS-485” version has been designed so that as much as possible can be done “DIY” (Do It Yourself): design , installation , run , test , measurements, adjustment and programming.
All controllers of eHouse4Ethernet intelligent building are low-voltage (+6..+12VDC) and have no direct contact with the external voltages, so you do not have any dangers and hazards of electric shock . All low voltage installation steps can be performed by yourself without any consequences and risk.
High voltage installation is for relay contacts only, the coil is connected to low voltage controllers. High voltage is thus completely separated from the electronic controllers and should be connected by authorized electrical staff.
In this article we present the following example installation for common home :
- CommManager – Control rollers, drives , gates , external protection, alarm with SMS/GSM notification
- 11 * EthernetRoomManagers for complete control and management of all devices in the home (1ERM per room)
- Raspberry Pi or PC (Linux) software eHouse4cServer
The project is a template of a typical installation . It can be used in any home possibly changing the names of:
- measuring sensors
- blinds , gates , awnings , drives
This draft of electronic home allows you to control :
- Individual hybrid heating in every room: radiator + floor
- 230 multi-point lighting in every room
- Colored decorative LED Lighting – RGB
- Measurement and temperature control in each room individually (independent floor and air)
- Night lighting and halls
- external lighting , home , terrace , gazebos , roads , path , Gates
- measurement of outside humidity and irrigation control
- measurement of internal humidity and control mechanical ventilation
- Fireplace Hot Air Distribution with Water Jacket
- HiFi equipment, TV, SAT, Audio-Video in any room via infrared
- Control in every room via IR remote control
- Control via a Web browser
- control rollers, shade awning in every room
- motion control of windows in every room
- protection against fire
- protection against flooding
- protection against escape of gas
- PIR movement sensors in each room
- Reed windows confirming the closure
- Implement own algorithms in OpenSource development software – eHouse4cServer
Using the optimum allocation of controllers for comfort variant to minimize the length of the wires 230V and expenditures on their installation, the costs of which may even be refund using more points controlled. Installation of controllers and relays modules in each controlled room for best savings.
The division of the premises is as follows:
- Living Room – ERM 1
- Kitchen and Dining – ERM 2
- Ground floor bathroom – ERM 3
- Cabinet – ERM 4
- hall , corridor , vestibule , Stairs – ERM 5
- 1 Bedroom attic – ERM 6
- 2 Bedroom attic – ERM 7
- 3 room attic – ERM 8
- 4 Room attic – ERM 9
- 5 Room attic – ERM 10
- Plot , garden , terrace , Arbour – ERM 11
- bathroom Attic – ERM 12
In each room controlled using mini – switchboard containing the fuse box with the required number of relays for each output, and EthernetRoomManager controller.
Installation should be made preferably on the opposite wall to consumer electronics as far as going to be controlled by IR.
Mini-switchboard installed separately behind cabinets, allowing easy maintenance and revision if necessary.
An example of how to connect mini-switchboard has been discussed in other post
Infrared transmitter and receiver derived in place to provide smooth control of infrared in both directions taking into account future location of furniture (preferably 1m from the side wall near the ceiling ) .
Cable for distributed switches 14 strips flat tape on about the whole room at the height of the planned switches (1.2 – 1.5m).
IDC – 14 in EthernetRoomManager.
for better performance of Sensors there are connected with shielded cables (2 wires + shield) and connected them to tape it finally 20 pin connector ( IDC-20 pin in EthrenetRoomManager) or 10 pin socket depending on ERM version.